Unforgettable Experience in China

China, 3rd August – Fahmi Muhammad Rasyid Rabuan, 2nd year UMP student from Faculty of Chemical & Natural Resources Engineering (FKKSA) won 2nd place in China Bridge Competition while 1st place goes to Muhamad Shahmeer Mohd Nashrul from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM).

As a 2nd and 1st place winner, they were brought to China to watch ‘The 16th World Chinese Bridge Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreign College Students’ that was held in Changsa, recently. It is a competition for foreigners from various countries who did not speak Chinese.

According to Fahmi, he delivered a speech and played Chinese Yoyo in the national level and defeated 26 contestants that represent their respective universities.

“I’ve learned Chinese language since i was in Standard 1 until Standard 6 at SJKC Kwong Hon in Kuala Lumpur. This competition gives me the opportunity to show my skills, knowledge and talent while learning Chinese culture”, said Fahmi.

He added, contestants were tested on language and reading skills and their understanding on history and culture of Chinese. They were also need to do performance on either Chinese music, dance or theater.

With the experience gained, Fahmi determine to do better in World Chinese Bridge Proficiency Competition next year and make UMP as well as Malaysia proud.

Posted By : SITI SARAH BINTI MOHAMAD RAJIMI Date Posted : 22-08-2017, 11:41:58